Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Fuji Gran Tourer SE Project

Another day...another frame. It's an 80s Fuji Gran Tourer SE (former 10 speed). It may be a candidate for the blaster and a powder coat, going to meet that guy today. Fuji bikes have been around for quite awhile and still are for that matter. Kind of the Japanese Schwinn at a time when Schwinn frames started coming from Taiwan versus Chicago. Quickly becoming somewhat of a vintage bicycle "snob", I limit my Schwinn purchases to Chicago-made frames now. Still searching for that Schwinn Paramount frame (top o' the line), but can't seem to find a deal for under $500! Anyway, here are some shots of the Fuji...pre-blasting.




I picked it up on eBay including the Tange headset (worth almost as much as the frame itself). Haven't decided on a color yet, however, I do know I will not fart around with the two-tone thing I'm struggling with on the Bianchi. Masking off the lugs is a total, lengthy pain in the ass! Ya' live and learn.

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger