Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fact or Fiction?

I often get sucked into taking those little on-line trivia quizzes embedded in my browser's news headline section. Quizzes like Pick the Celebrity Siblings, World Records, or Weird State and Municipal Laws (the one I just wasted five minutes on). The promo'd question that drew me into this "too much time on my hands waster": In what state is it illegal to sleep in the nude? Answer: Minnesota...ya'!

In my many travels, I've accumulated a Top 10 list of strange "facts" from around the country and the world. These may or may not be true as some were acquired (or observed) while sitting at a bar under the influence of alcohol, recreational tobacco, extreme fatigue, or a combination of all three.

True or False...you be the judge.

10. In Taiwan, I watched a demonstration of "Hard-boiled Egg Baseball" played by two naked ladies in an exotic bar. BTW...they didn't throw the eggs with their hands.

9. You can be arrested, thrown in jail, and "caned" for spitting on the sidewalk in Singapore.

8. In Millington, Tennessee (just outside Memphis), I saw signs in front of many houses that read, "Sailors and dogs...stay off the grass".

7. In Idaho, it is illegal for a woman to eat a kielbasa in public.

6. In one city just outside Seattle, it is illegal to say the name, "George W. Bush".

5. Gorgonzola cheese has been outlawed in Alaska because it smells exactly like dog shit.

4. If you leave Spam on the kitchen counter overnight...it will melt.

3. I ate soup made from frogs, lizards and cacti during a survival course in the Navy.

2. I once worked at a restaurant that had four foot long dried bull's penises for sale as walking canes in the gift shop.

1. I once had an intimate moment with a girlfriend in a 1972 Fiat 124 Spyder at 70 mph on the Ventura Freeway...I was driving.

As a buddy of mine reminds me quite often, "Man...please tell me you're taking your medication!"

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger