Friday, November 21, 2008

The bicycle thing - update

Like I said recently, this bicycle thing has become very gratifying for me. My biggest challenge: stop from buying additional parts and older bikes before "moving" finished projects. Speaking of finished projects, one is complete and one will be 90% complete today (after the UPS guy makes a visit).
The logo above will likely be the decal placed on the cross tubes...white on the darker color bikes.

Below are a few shots of the what my garage shop looks like right now. I don't realistically anticipate having a shop/studio space anytime soon, though that is certainly not out of the question for the future. I say "studio" because bicycle "studios" are growing, ie, small, custom operations designed to build a limited number of bikes by appointment only. In addition, an outside space will accommodate a photo studio as well. By that time, perhaps my 40 hour a week job with the major retailer I work for will not be necessary (or possible). Who knows?






That last shot on the right is the opposite of the garage. And, no, we don't keep our cars in the garage now...ever! The six or so bikes I have will eventually make their way to hanging on the wall and from the ceiling. But, I don't want to do anything very permanent as we will most likely be moving within a few months or so. Moving to a rental in another part of town. Fortunately, this "business" will be easy to move anywhere.

The Mother Road website won't happen until after the first of the year. In the meantime, it will have to exist soley on eBay. I hesitate to list any of the bikes locally as I have no desire to let people test ride these custom bikes I work very hard to build. Besides, Modesto is not a bicycle town by any stretch of the imagination. Many riders I've spoken to have told me horror stories of getting hit with beer cans, spit, and paint balls while riding around here.

One good thing about Modesto...the Fall weather. It's been very nice, mild, almost balmy in the afternoons. Great time for a short ride once in a while!

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger