Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Meredith...baby...say it isn't so!

Time to take a short break from my days-off-chores and express frustrata (I made it up) about how the day is going so far.

First, I am redecorating my office to the tune of installing one of my old stereo systems on which to play actual records...the big, flat, round vinyl things. I still have a decent collection of LPs from the heady days of radio, the bygone days where record company cronies lavished free copies of records (and marijuana and cocaine) to radio station music directors in return for airplay. Oh, c'mon, why do you think the word payola was invented? I've been planning this renovato for about a year now. Today is the day! But, say it isn't so! My first choice of tuners, a late 60's Sansui 2000, complete with tubes, doesn't work. It won't turn on at all! So, back to the shed I go. Next, my old Scott tuner...nice sound, simple controls, doesn't weigh 10,000 pounds...say it isn't so! The left channel is T.U. (that's tits up, dead, no workee, no sound, etc)! Poop. So, now, back to the shed. I have a half dozen or so vintage tuners, amplifier, turn tables, equalizers, and so on to go. I'll update this part of the saga at a later date. Let's hope my first choice of turntables isn't on the fritz as well.

Second, my favorite MILF of all time is being promo'd on the Today Show. Evidently, Meredish Baxter is going to reveal something rather shocking about herself in an interview with Matt. After a good hour or so of the usual Today prattle...bad economic news, shitty Afghanistan news, and who-gives-a-shit-white-house party crasher news...the bomb hit. Meredish Baxter, Mrs Keaton from Family Ties, 80's TV mom for whom I still carry a teenage-like torch finally blurts out on national television, "I'm a lesbian!" OMG! The humanity of it all! She's been dating some construction contractor for five years. And that's after three marriages (to dudes) and having five children...the oldest kid is 42. And, what's almost worse...she is still hot! After all these years of me pining for this woman, who, by the way, closely resembles my little sister...I guess there's no chance whatsoever (by some weird quirk of fate) of us hooking up. Poof! Gone!
Meredith...baby...say it isn't so! This revelation was totally unlike the Ellen outing (I kind of figured), or the Rosie thing (Ah, duh...no shit Sherlock). Or even the Anne Heche coming out party; although shocking, she did re-sign with the hetero team, get married (to a dude), and have a child.

Hey, you know what? More power to her. You gotta do what ya gotta do to be happy I suppose.

So, who's next? Adam Lambert? Oh, yeah...old news. That Orman broad? Whoops...way old news. Sarah Palin? Wouldn't surprise me. Hailey Mills? Please...don't even tell me that one, even if it does happen. Hailey and I are kindred spirits (in age alone). If she announces her lesbianinity, I'm tossing my 30th Anniversary Restored VHS copies of Pollyanna and The Parent Trap in the fireplace!

When I get my old tuner and turntable going later this morning (fingers crossed), the first song I'm spinning is...yup, you guessed it, Say It Isn't So by Hall and Oates. Unfortunately, I don't think I have that tune on a record. Back to the Best of the 80's CD collection for that one!

Guess I may have to move up some names on my MILF list, ie, Brittany, Stifler's Mom, Christie Brinkley, Sarah Palin, any Desperate Housewife, Jessica Lange, Cindy Crawford, and, of course, Liv Tyler. OK, OK...I'll stop! And, yes, I know...I'm a pig!

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger