Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just another day...

My sixtieth birthday has come and gone without much fanfare (by design). I've never had much of a desire to mark this date more than any other day during the year. Turning sixty years old is really not much of a landmark like sixteen or eighteen or twenty one or thirty. Sixty two will be somewhat worthy of note as I will begin receiving a nice little monthly paycheck, a raise of sorts.

This birthday for me is significant due to the fact that I made it at all. I suppose we all could make that statement about any birthday, "Another day above ground...it's all good!" Life is indeed short. My new cardiologist told me yesterday that all three of my major heart muscle arteries (we all have three big ones coming out of the aorta that supply blood to the heart muscles) are 100% closed. I live and breath today because of a couple of well-placed grafts and a small piece of wire mesh called a stent. No telling how temporary all of this is. I'm quite sure there is more medical magic waiting in the wings that may help extend my tenure. But, it is all temporary, for all of us. Our time on this earth is finite as individuals. I'm hoping for a few more years. Quite possibly I have a third of my life left, maybe more. Geeze, I hope so. I have too many other things left to do...some of which will be quite substantial in scope, possibly affecting many other people than just myself (in a positive manner).

So, taking stock at 60: I still have (most of) my mind, some of my hair, a lot of ideas and dreams, and plenty of time!

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger