Thursday, October 4, 2007

Nostalgia Road

As much as I hate to admit it, I am a bit nervous about this weekend. My 40th high school reunion happens Saturday.

So far, only about 50 classmates are attending out of a class of 940. Many of the people I would be more nervous seeing aren't going. I guess that's a good thing.

What am I hoping to bring back from all of this? I'm not sure. There really isn't anything that needs "closure". I have no need to say things to anyone I wish I had said forty years ago. Except maybe a couple of "Just thought you'd like to know that I had a crush on you in junior high and high school!" It's doubtful I will have the bravura to do that even now.

I will be taking a lot of photos, at least that is the plan. I have promised to do that on the reunion website, then make available a DVD slide show shortly thereafter. The picture taking will make it easier for me to assimilate into this gathering; put me more at ease. Of course, I'll drop a few shots into this blog next week and write a few lines about the whole experience.

I did attend the 20th and 35th reunions, so I'm no stranger to the environment. This time it's a bit more casual and relaxed. No tie, no suit for me. I didn't really do a lot of chatting with folks at the other two reunions. This time may be different since it promises to be a more "intimate" gathering of enthusiastic supporters.

I must go now and iron a couple of tropical shirts and my "cargo" shorts. Gotta look somewhat respectable for my old classmates.

I just hope I remember to check my zipper before making the grand entrance! Beyond that...I not that concerned about what else happens.

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger