Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sleepless in Seattle

I'm in Seattle this week through the weekend. It's one last chance until next year to visit my daughter Jen and son-in-law Roth. It looks like they won't be doing the Christmas whirlwind tour to California this time as in years past.

Surprise! It's rainy here. The typical northwest Fall weather pattern has begun. After a Summer of nasty, 100+ degree days in central California, the clouds, cool temperatures, and showers are a welcome relief for me. I like the rain.

My night on the guest futon was a bit restless last night. After what seemed like hours of tossing and turning, I eventually drifted off into a deep sleep and a long, detailed, multi-faceted dream worthy of a short story of its own. Without going into specific details here, I have one question for myself this morning. Can a dream help provide some closure on a chapter of my life that just won't seem to close? A chapter that should have been over and done with more than thirty years ago. Or will this dream perpetuate the memories? I know the answer to that question. It's up to yours truly. It's up to me to simply savor those memories, and not covet that space in time. Because it will never return.

Reality check!

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger