Monday, December 24, 2007

The "F" Word

My favorite color is blue. My favorite movie is The Graduate. My favorite season is Fall. My favorite food is chocolate. My favorite thing to do is sleep. My favorite letter is “F”. More specifically, my favorite words begin with the letter “F”.

Words beginning with “F” just seemed to fly with exuberance out of one’s vocal orifice. Almost effortlessly we humans are able to form that “F” sound. It just rolls off the lips. In fact, it begins economically in the middle of the mouth and only has to travel another inch or so to finish between the top front teeth and the bottom lip. Try it...say “eff”. You see? But when used as the first letter of a word, it only has to begin and end at the front teeth and the bottom lip! How easy is that?

Admittedly, “F” words may be considered somewhat macho or just male-oriented compared to, say...”L” words. Love, lick, little, lips, languid, and lust come to mind. Those just seem to better fit exiting a female mouth. “G” words are also machoistic and almost angry sounding. I digress...

Some favorite “F” words of mine: fabulous, fade, fairway, faint, faith, fall, family, fancy, and fanciful. That last one utilizing my favorite letter twice in one word. And those are only a few of my favorite “F” words from the “F - A” list! It goes on and on.

Free, funny, farm, farrow, and fart. I’m not so fond of “fat” though. Faux pas, faun, favor, feather, feelings, female, and feminine...of course.

I don’t know why this topic came to mind, especially today, the day before Christmas. Quite possibly it’s because I found myself mouthing various “F” words while driving yesterday...one "F Bomb" in particular. Taking twenty plus minutes to get out of the mall parking lot evokes those responses in the most gentile person. Of course, I am far from gentile! Driving an automobile two days before Christmas should be outlawed. It makes one fraught with fertile festering bouts of fervent frustration. My ferric ferocity festoons...I grip the wheel fuming with every fiber of my frail human form...

Well, you get the idea.

By the way, I feigned...what are your favorite f#@*ing words, flaccidly fumbling for a way to end this flimsy, flawed, flippant, flustering, fodder. Phew! I’m glad that’s over!

Merry Frickin' Christmas to all...and to all a flippin' good night.

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger