Friday, April 13, 2007

Feast or Famine: A new job, it's all about time management again.

I started a new job job this week. It's in the food service industry and involves restaurant management and marketing...both of these are right up my alley. Or, at least they have been in the past 17 years or so. Now I have to switch gears a bit, crank it up a few notches, recycle, reboot, and dredge up some old, unused files (in my head).

Unlike some of my previous experience in the corporate chain restaurant world, this is a locally-owned place. It's been open for a few years in its current configuration. But it is now in need of an infusion of new "blood", ideas, and energy. Enter: me!

So, in one fell swoop in the course of one day, my days are filled with new things to do. Although I will continue to market and work on my photography business (a fact that my new employer was well aware of before hiring me), I just won't have near as much time to devote to it. And since the actual "business" of my photography has not provided the level of activity (and income) I had anticipated. This new challenge is a good thing. Basically, I am no longer exclusively self-employed. My commute to work has been extended from 10 seconds (in my robe) to about 1/2 hour in my car. And, I will need to start taking my dress slacks to the cleaners again on a regular basis. Once again, the game is afoot! Kato...fire up the Yellow Hornet!

To be continued...

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger