Wednesday, April 4, 2007

What floats your boat?

Back in my Navy days, the expression was "What spins your prop?" Although, "What floats your boat?" may be Navy oriented as well.

I am reasonably confident that at least 4 people read this blog...on occasion. With that in mind..."What floats your boat?" Please feel free to include spousal units as well, so I can expect at least a couple of comments.

There are no rules or regulations in this request, ie, must be nautical in nature....except, it must be something that has actually happened to you! No bizarre fantasies from the Star Trek Holidome. They may be naughty in nature if you see fit. Is it a certain song? Maybe a song by Billy Ocean that causes you to dance/groove in front of a mirror in the privacy of your own bathroom or automobile? Maybe it's correctly responding to more than three Jeopardy questions in a row (double Jeopardy of course) in funky categories like Ancient Russian History, or, "Pooch-ini-isms" (notice the quotes), or Air Supply - the Lost Hits.

If I had to choose just three things that "float(ed) my boat", here they are.

1. A 350 mph fly-by (right over my head) of a P-51 Mustang.

2. Catching my first trout in a mountain stream (I was 14 at the time).

3. Watching the birth of my children. (Second only to finding out that my "guys" actually worked 9 months earlier).

What spins (or has spun) your prop?

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger