Sunday, April 15, 2007

Interview-A-Blogger - answers to my 5 questions.

My Seattle-ite daughter Jenifer emailed me 5 questions to answer on my blog (after my request to participate of course). If you would like to "play", simply submit a request in the comment section and I will email you 5 questions similar to the ones below. Be sure to include your email address in the comment section.

1. Tell me about the band you were in when you were in the Navy.
Three of my Navy buddies and I got together in 1970 while were at Moffett Field in Mountain View, California. We were going through aircrew training for P-3 Orions in Patrol Squadrons. It was Greg, Ed, Scott, and me...lead guitar, rhythm guitar, bass, and drums in that order. We called ourselves Three and a Third because there were three Airmen First Class and one Petty Officer Third class at the time. We practiced in a recording studio in Oakland (across the bay), since Greg was a recording engineer before the Navy...also an awesome guitarist. The same studio where Santana and other Oakland-based music artists recorded from time to time. When all of us finished training and went to Barber's Point, Hawaii later that year we continued to play as much as we could, eventually doing a real gig or two at the base teen center. Our forte: Jimi Hendrix, Zombies, Neil Young, Grand Funk Railroad, Young Rascals, Guess Who, and other Rock/Blues/Pop stuff from that period. We sounded pretty good...when we weren't fighting about what songs to play! But, it was tough getting together very often due to our flight schedules, Vietnam deployments, etc.

2. What's you favorite childhood memory?
Disneyland.

3. If the government enacted a one-dog policy per household, which dog would you keep?
Ooooh...nasty question. Sammy, our greyhound. He really is the least pain-in-the-ass of all three of our dogs. Very mellow, somewhat obedient, extremely affectionate, and very elegant looking. Dumb as a stump as far as dog intelligence goes. No trick dog here!

4. If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you rather be besides Modesto?
Anywhere but Modesto...except Fresno. But, when pressed to choose: New Zealand. I've never been there, but it seems like a cool place.

5. What is the name of the first girl you kissed? Was it a Wonder Years moment?
Of course it was like Wonder Years. I was in the sixth grade. Her name was Susan Sutton, the prettiest girl in the sixth grade. I found out one day that she liked me. A few of us neighborhood kids found ourselves playing spin-the-bottle. She kept spinning the bottle until it landed on me, then chased me around the house trying to kiss me. So, I guess she really wasn't the first girl that I actually kissed. How about Shannon Baker? She came along a bit later. And, she kissed me first...but then I reciprocated. I won't tell you how old I was...that's too embarrassing! I was a late bloomer in that department...but made up for it in my 20's. Ah, fond memories of the 70's!

That's it kids.

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?
eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger