Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine poems from a sentimental cynic.

Hallmark...I am available for freelance greeting card writing. Here is some of my recent work...

Rose are red,
Violets are blue...
I named our love-child '63 Impala...
He looks just like you.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue...
You may want to visit a doctor...
Where I got this rash, I haven’t a clue.

Be my valentine...
For each day I think of you...
But my whole life has changed...
Since I met Stu.

Our love has no parameters...
And does not end with time...
Our love has no end...
But that Meet the Beatles album is mine.

Let us take this holiday...
To resubmit our love...
Despite that time in Hawaii...
Where at lover’s leap you gave me a shove.

My love for you is dark and deep...
But it’s a promise I will keep...
Except when I find you in bed again...
With that oily-beau-hunk creep.

I would take you for my own...
Could I but have your wings...
But since our first date the other night...
That little open sore really stings.

A valentine is nothing like
a chocolate or a rose...
For in a week these shall be gone...
And you can stick that restraining order up your nose.

I really am a sentimental romantic at heart. I really am!

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?

Blog Archive

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger