Friday, June 8, 2007

10 Things about me: inaugural edition

My daughter Jenifer does this on her blog regularly. So, why not? Here goes...

1. Extreme insect fear...always had it, always will! That goes for all spiders, most creepy crawlies, and some flying insects...magnitude of fear in that order.

2. I'm pretty sure I have a latent authority issue. I can't think of a boss that I didn't end of despising. Oh hell, honestly, my authority issue isn't latent at all!

3. I didn't actually do "it" until I was 18 years old. At the time, I figured I was last person in my peer group to make that leap. Details of this incident will not be divulged until my book is published.

4. While I was getting some blood drawn the other day, I asked the lab tech if I had gravy instead of blood in my veins. She chuckled slightly. I then said, I'm not worried though...the Jack Daniels keeps the gravy thin enough to flow freely. Yes, I love gravy!

5. My all time favorite celebrity boy/girl thing fantasy: I'm afraid it's still a toss up between Claudia Cardinale, Raquel Welsh, or Hayley Mills. Since it is a fantasy, why not all three at the same time?

6. I'm pretty convinced that I was either born too late, or had a former life in another part of the 20th century. The adventurer/writer born in 1900 (who was then reincarnated as me) led a very exciting, fulfilling life compared to mine. He was a self-actualized individual who followed his dreams, took many risks, died young (at age 49), and had no regrets. Whew! Glad I got that off my chest (again).

7. I'm wondering...at what age does eating chocolate become better than having sex?

8. Leg-man? Breast-man? Ass-man? As for me...I gradually transitioned from being a Breast-boy to a Leg-man somewhere in my mid-20's. A great set of gams is hard to come by (pardon the pun)...but breasts are a dime-a-dozen in this day and age. A great ass is even more of a rarity.

9. Sitting in the sand, watching an ocean sunset is better than Prosac...or any other mind-altering substance. Taking in a deep breath of sea air has the effect of being released from earthly bounds.

10. Do birds enjoy flying? Do they look forward to spreading their wings and taking off? Are they tired when they land? If I had one wish I had to use on myself, I would want to be able to fly.

Looks like about half of the 10 things are about sex or flying. Maybe I should have included more food things, pet peeves, and bodily function revelations. Probably good I didn't!

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?

Blog Archive

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger