Friday, June 29, 2007

Funky is as funky does.

To quote a line from the John Hughes classic, Sixteen Candles..."I'm feelin' kinda funky!" And, I didn't get my "monthly bill" early.

Please note previous blog entry concerning new medication.

With that being said...I am home from work early today, and I may have to lay on the couch and watch cartoons or QVC. Apparently, this new prescription has kicked my ass good. So, alas, I have opted to scribble down some blog blather. Note to self: Re-read this blog tomorrow and see if it makes any sense.

Being home in the middle of the day (again) hasn't upset the dogs' routine. They had finally gotten used to both of us working (again). When I walked in the house at 2:15, they didn't even jump on me, run around in circles, or (in Sammy the Greyhound's case), stick his rather lengthy proboscis up my butt...slacks and all. All three spoiled-rotten-purebreds barely made an effort to rise from their 12 hour naps. I will tell you, I was more than a little hurt by this apathetic behavior. "Oh...it's just him. The female master won't return until later". To hell with you, I can take a hint.

So, I flipped on the A/C (it's in the 90's around here now), slipped on my nasty looking plaid wear-around-the house-shorts, and sidled up to the iBook G4. I thought about making myself something to eat, but that may indeed be cause of my "funkiness" problem in the first place. Maybe it isn't the new medication (yeah, right!). I ate some refried beans and Mexican rice at work shortly before coming down with this weird case of the blahs. Well, it's more than blahs...it's the funky headachy, nauseous, spacey, blahs. Geeze, if I could just throw up once really good...I might feel better. Not gonna happen.

Speaking of the Fourth of July...we are in this once every seven year thing when it falls on a Wednesday. How silly is that? Are people going away this weekend or next weekend? What did we do when I was a kid? I think my Dad just took the whole week off, including both weekends! Yeah, that's it. That's what normal people do. Being in the restaurant business, that is certainly not going to happen. In fact, this Sunday (July 1st) we are putting on an Irish wake for a recently departed citizen of note. The restaurant will be closed to the public. He will be attendance as well as about 100 plus guests. Since we made this announcement via email, I've received several inquires from people worried that he will be laid out in the bar area in all his splendor for all to see. Evidently, some of his long time acquaintances are aren't aware of the fact that he passed away more than a month ago...and was cremated. His urn will be on display. Hence, I won't be spending the weekend on a boat with friends and food and booze at the lake. I wouldn't have been doing that anyway...but it was a nice thought.

Let' see what is happening on QVC. Ah! Some chick all dolled up like a Century City hooker hawking fake faux diamond rings. What's a fake faux diamond ring you ask? It's a ring with "diamonds" made from old vodka bottles made in some third world sweat shop for about 27 cents and selling for 3 easy payments of $66. Marketing...'ya gotta love it! You know, I actually used to watch QVC years ago...back when they sold some cameras, stereos, and computers once in a while. The margin on these items is way too small, hence, the cheap costume jewelry and weight loss scams. That's where the money is! I'm just pissed I didn't think of it.

Maybe there is something to take a nap in front of on TCM.

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?

Blog Archive

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger