Thursday, June 28, 2007

Just one more of life's little indescretions...

I have a few tattoos on my body. These vibrating needle administered blotches of ink weren't acquired until later in life, hence, the casual observer can still discern the details. If I had gotten tattooed while in the service (at the tender age of, say, 20), these permanent little works of skin art would have long since deteriorated into faded oblivion like unfocused photographs.

Not wanting to launch any kind of meaningless diatribe about art versus desecration of one's holy temple, I do believe I am ready to add to the collection. I've finally decided what my next two tattoos will be. First, I must also give credit where credit is due. One of my flickr and blog friends, Cindi, recently got some new "ink"...and this inspired me to plan a visit to one of our local parlors.

Admittedly, I am still not ready for elaborate dragons, or hog-riding skeletons, or portraitures of The Fab Four and their album covers. No, not yet anyway. And, my plan to have a large ship's anchor etched into my forearm with the saying, "I 'yam what I 'yam" will have to wait as well. Here is the basic design for now, still in need of considerable artistic tweaking. Details forthcoming.

Yes, for those of us old enough remember...these are the symbols that Sam Jaffe scribbled on the chalk board at the beginning of each Ben Casey episode. But, I just couldn't see myself getting a peace sign...yet!

Thanks, Cindi, for reminding me that I am long overdue for some new ink.

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?

Blog Archive

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger