Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I never choose the right checkout line!

Have you ever been behind annoying people while in line at a checkout stand? Well I have. For some odd reason, I have been subjected to this sometimes downright rude inconvenience a lot lately. Check that. I have been subjected to this a lot most of my life. Evidently I suffer from, among other things, the dreaded Bad Judgement Choosing a Checkout Line Syndrome.

Wednesday, January 24th - Michael's (Arts & Crafts store) - Two old bags, God bless ‘em, stood there for what seemed like 10 minutes trying to help each other figure out how much money to take out of their purses to pay for their purchases...all in nickels and pennies. Then, adding insult to my injury, one of them decided it was the right time and place to dig a wod of what looked like used Kleenex out of her purse and start blowing her nose...over and over.

Tuesday, January 23rd - Save Mart (our local supermarket) - The cashier and the manager saw fit to stand there for at least 5 minutes telling the lady in front of me how much she looked like “that girl from Sex & the City”. Finally, a box-girl came over and said, “Yea...she looks like Kristin Davis!” At that point, the lady in question went on and on about how “she gets that all the time”...then went on to say, “I don’t know who that is...but a lot of people tell me that”. I was almost tempted to say, “Lady...you look like something...but it ain’t no Kristin Davis!”

Saturday, January 20th - Am/Pm - With at least a half dozen people in line behind him, a goofy-looking guy stood at the counter for 10 minutes while the only clerk on duty tried to get his old, beat up lottery forms to go through their machine. Then, the goofy-looking guy decided to buy some lottery “scratchers”...unfortunately, he had a horrible, indecipherable speech impediment...pointing and mumbling for another 5 minutes in futile attempts to get the clerk to find the ones he wanted in the dispenser...all the while the rest of us in line, which was now out the door, huffed, shook our heads, and rolled our eyes.

Wednesday, January 17th - Save Mart - Lady in front of me with coupons, food stamps, and writing a check...’nuff said?

Tuesday, January 16th - Costco - Dumb ass in front of me who forgot an item, and ran back into the store in the middle of his checkout. This one ended nicely though. He was gone so long, that the checker canceled his checkout, and put all his stuff back in a basket. The guy came back and was actually pissed off at the whole scenario!


I seem to be a magnet for things like these. I am never able to choose the right checkout line, though Loretta is good at it. She finds good parking spaces as well!

I guess I just don’t live right.

By the way, just for the heck of it...here’s a photo of Kristin Davis...and it looks nothing like that person in front of me at the checkout line in Save Mart! Just in case that person is reading this blog.

Yea...right!

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?

Blog Archive

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger