Monday, January 15, 2007

Who would want to be a member of this club?

Willie Nelson wrote the song, Patsy Cline sang it...but am I crazy?

There is an old saying concerning self-analysis. An updated version of it can be heard in the movie Proof. It goes something like this:

Anthony Hopkins: A very good sign that you're not crazy is your ability to ask yourself, "Am I Crazy?"
Gweneth Paltrow's response: Even if the answer is yes?

Another favorite: A neurotic thinks he is a dog. A psychotic knows he is a dog.

Woody Allen probably offered up some of the most enteraining takes on the subject of self-analysis, life, sex, and immortality:

Life is divided into two parts. The horrible and the miserable.

I once got an F on a metaphysics exam for looking into the boy's soul sitting next to me.

Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right.

Don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love

Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.

Your life (according to Nietzke) is destined to recur over and over. I don't want that. I would have to see the Ice Capades again!

This last one is particularly relevant to me and my life. It seems that I continually daydream about the past...and the future...but mostly the past. I'm working on it! Here is my take on that classic Allen quote:

Your life is destined to recur over and over. I don't want that. (period)







Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?

Blog Archive

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger