Friday, January 26, 2007

My Birthday Grateful Appreciation List

This is a list of the Top 20 things that made it a joy to get out of bed on my 57th birthday. Why 20? Well, 57 things was stretching it a bit. And a Top 10 just wasn’t enough. They are in no particular order of importance...that aspect of the list is reserved for a place deep inside of my heart...and will remain there.

1. Actually waking up on my 57th birthday. Considering some of things that have happened in my life and the places I have been...that in itself is a miracle.
2. My best friend Bob. Without whose presence in my life, it would be so much more boring and mundane.
3. My sister Kris. The most sensitive, creative, and perceptive person I know.
4. My sister Kim. The most intelligent person I know.
5. My mother and father - Betty & Jim. The wonderful lady with an incredible sense of humor who raised me with love. That great man who taught me how to be a man.
6. My son Jimmy. My namesake, my only son. I am envious of his youth, charm, and intelligence...he will go far.
7. My daughter Jenifer. The perfect daughter other dads could only dream of having. Her caring and devotion is extremely rare...not to mention her creative talents.
8. Ferdinand Porsche. He built the first one.
9. My photography. One of the creative outlets that has helped me survive in this hardened, uncaring society. There is beauty in the world.
10. My writing. My alter ego. The ticket to my vicarious world of adventure.
11. Our home. The only place I truly feel comfortable and safe.
12. My cooking. I love to cook, what else can I say?
13. My eyes. For allowing me to be able to see what is beautiful in the world.
14. My hope. For helping me move on when it is necessary.
15. My sentimentality. For allowing me to reminisce about the good things.
16. My empathy. For giving me the desire to teach, mentor, and help others.
17. My creative self. For giving me the gift of seeing way beyond three dimensions.
18. My love of music. For its ability to cheer me up, to motivate me, and help me dream.
19. A good, strong cup of coffee with cream and sugar in the morning. If you don’t know already, you won’t understand!
20. My wife Loretta. The most kind, caring, and loving lady I have ever met. I count my blessings every day because of her.

This list is my birthday present to myself. I need nothing more. Except to remind myself daily of the things I am fortunate to have in my life. I extend my thanks to every person on this list.

Well, maybe I want (need) one more "thing"...that new Canon 16 megapixel camera!

Yours truly

Yours truly
So what's your story?

Blog Archive

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered By Blogger